Tuesday 27 November 2012

Introducing Anita Wood

We are please to welcome our newest Resident Artist, Anita Wood, to the Art Gallery of Lambeth. Anita will be joining our little group of Artists starting November and for the 2013 year.

Although art was always a big part of her life, Anita's career was not that of an artist, but in accounting and teaching computer applications. This was an easy and natural career and allowed Anita time to pursue her interest in art as well.

After she sold her accounting practice she was able to devote all of her time to her true passion of art. She has studied with many great artists like Zolton Szabo, Arleta Pech, Roland Roycraft and Nita Engle. This, Anita believes, is the reason she has been able to truyly enjoy her art journey and find her voice.

After dabbling with several meduims, Anita decided that she needed to be more focused. For several years she was truly a "Transparent Watercolour Artist"

In Anita's own words:

"Throughout my journey, my art and my heart have grown. Now I find the beautiful challenges in Acrylics and Mixed Media along with my love of traditional transparent watercolour. I am not sure when painting took over my life, but I know that every day feels like I have just begun!"

Anita now teaches as a big part of her art career. She enjoys teaching workshops and weekly classes. She teaches in both Florida and Southern Ontario.


Anita has had the honour to have had solo shows and to have won several awards in juried art shows. She also has paintings in private collections throughout Canada, part of the US, Ireland and France.

No comments:

Post a Comment